Local Truck Driver
Western Transport, Inc. is a locally owned and operated, Idaho Falls refrigerated, trucking company. We have been in business since 1963 and are looking for local drivers. We believe that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive pay, 401(k), medical and dental benefits, and paid vacation.
Our local drivers safely pick up and deliver refrigerated freight in the Idaho Falls area. This position requires that you be flexible to go to Eastern Idaho, Western Wyoming, Northern Utah, and Southern Montana. Local drivers will be most nights.
We offer personalized, friendly dispatch. Our in-house shop maintains your late model equipment and our safety department prides itself in having the safest drivers on the road. We ask for a minimum of 2 years driving experience for this position. Must have a valid CDL A and DOT Med Card. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing following DOT guidelines. Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50+lbs.
Fill out an application on our website:Western Transport, Inc or give us a call at 208.529.9327 ext. 3, option 1. Become a Local truck driver! We look forward to hearing from you!
• Drivers and dispatch plan what day and time that the driver is to report to the terminal.
• Dispatch determines the trip, load, and customer(s) to be serviced.
• Driver determines the number of hours and distance he/she will cover for the day based on many variables: hours of service available, miles to cover, dispatch plans, weather, road conditions, and delivery schedules.
• Perform thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspection of tractor and trailer.
• Driver makes a daily call to dispatch to report location, hours worked the previous day, and load temps.
• Driver follows predetermined route provided by dispatch.
• Driver monitors truck, trailer, and cargo conditions throughout trip. He/she determines when to fuel and when and where to shut down for the day based on the trip plan. Breaks, meals, and fueling stops are planned and log entries are updated throughout the day. Any irregularities are reported to dispatch.
• Upon returning to the terminal, the driver refuels his/her tractor and trailer and parks in the appropriate location. Driver completes the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
• Driver reports to dispatch, returns trip envelope to accounting, and informs the shop of any equipment concerns.
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Passenger ride along program
• Pet rider program Supplemental pay types
• Bonus pay
• Detention pay
• Extra stop pay
• Layover pay
• Performance bonus
• Passed DOT Inspection pay
• Chaining pay
Job Type: Full-time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.