Western Transport, Inc. is a locally owned and operated, Idaho Falls refrigerated, trucking company. We are currently hiring Regional AND Over the Road truck drivers! We are a contracted carrier with stable freight, guaranteed miles and pay for dead head. We have been in business since 1963 and believe that our greatest asset is our people. We understand that home time is important so we work with you so that you can be home when you want and need to be. We offer competitive pay, 401(k) and match, affordable medical (Blue Cross of Idaho) and dental benefits, paid vacation, friendly and available dispatchers, an in-house shop, and award-winning Safety. You will get a green light when you run with us with us so you can keep truckin! You are the reason that people have what they want and need and we value you as a person, you are not just a number.
CDL training for Over the Road (OTR) Truck Driver meets FMCSA requirements: Theory Instruction and Behind the Wheel (BTW) training (Range and Public Road). Training is unpaid, in our yard. You will be prepared to take and pass your CDL skills test. You will then complete one on one training with over the road trainers. This over the road training is paid.
Our Over the Road (OTR) drivers safely pick up and deliver refrigerated freight across all 48 states throughout the year; our main lanes are in the Mid-West and South. We ask for a 10k mile a month commitment; home time is extremely flexible. We offer incredibly competitive pay. As a new CDL holder you will start at a competitive wage and be reviewed every 3 months which for the majority of our newbies results in an increase in pay every 3 months!
All drivers have personalized, friendly dispatch. Our in-house shop maintains your late model equipment and our safety department prides itself in having the safest drivers on the road. Must have a valid CDL A and DOT Med Card. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing following DOT guidelines. Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50+lbs.
Fill out an application on our website:Western Transport, Inc or give us a call at 208.529.9327 ext. 3, option 1. Become a Regional or OTR truck driver! We look forward to hearing from you!
· Drivers and dispatch plan what day and time that the driver is to report to the terminal. Dispatch determines the trip, load, and customer(s) to be serviced.
· Driver determines the number of hours and distance he/she will cover for the day based on many variables: hours of service available, miles to cover, dispatch plans, weather, road conditions, and delivery schedules.
· Perform thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspection of tractor and trailer.
· Driver makes a daily call to dispatch to report location, hours worked the previous day, and load temps.
· Driver follows predetermined route provided by dispatch.
· Driver monitors truck, trailer, and cargo conditions throughout trip. He/she determines when to fuel and when and where to shut down for the day based on the trip plan. Breaks, meals, and fueling stops are planned and log entries are updated throughout the day. Any irregularities are reported to dispatch.
· Upon returning to the terminal, the driver refuels his/her tractor and trailer and parks in the appropriate location. Driver completes the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR).
· Driver reports to dispatch, returns trip envelope to accounting, and informs the shop of any equipment concerns.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Passenger ride along program
• Pet rider program
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.